Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Goal Setting

Reflecting and Goal Setting
Term 2-3

Reading:
This term I learnt how to work on a novel study. A novel study was when the teacher Mrs Anderson set up different questions and activities on a google doc and you have to record on that document. You also have to read the book that you are given. I also learnt how too look at different parts of the book: characters, dictionary meanings, summaries, predictions, interesting vocabulary, and more.

My reading goal for Term 3 is to be able to retell the story quicker and too be able to know what I have read.
To achieve my goal I will need to work harder, read more books and practice retelling stories in my own words.
Writing:
This term I learnt how to write summaries about Super Finn the book that I read for my novel study. I also learnt how too work collaboratively with a group on Matariki. We were able too choose our own groups and too work in that group too create a presentation on Matariki.

My writing goal for Term 3 is to keep practicing on writing more interesting summaries and too use interesting words that would hook in or captivate the reader in.
To achieve my goal I will need to work harder on my summaries and what I write, also too keep reading so that I can come across interesting words that I can steal or use in my stories.
Maths:
This term I learnt about percentages. Mrs Anderson chose a group too work with on learning about percentages. I was in that group. It was very difficult because I haven't learnt about percentages. So Mrs Anderson started from the beginning and went too through the steps carefully so that everyone was on the same page. We then got help by using the coloured blocks and then most of the students in the group started too get it.

My maths goal for Term 3 is too practice my times tables and too also just learn or go through like the percentages, decimals, fractions and more.
To achieve my goal I will need to set myself task that will help me improve too the next level. I need too also remember too learn my times tables because that is very important and you would need your times tables too help you with your fractions or percentage. So that is what I need too achieve for my goal.

Personal:
This term I need to take risks in my learning and also outside at lunch like sports. I also need to be a role model and take on leaderships roles.

My personal goal for Term 3 is to get involve
and show my leadership without being ask.


To achieve my goal I will need to think about who I follow and what I do before I do it. I need too also remember too be a role model and not too follow bad influence.

This is my Goal setting. I wrote down everything I learnt, what my goal is and what how I achieve my goal. I had to fill out all the subjects that Mrs Anderson set. As you can see I have things that I need to work on and I now know what I need to do to achieve it. I also need to work hard on presenting my work with high standards. I need to also take on leadership roles without being ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.